Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Bling

I always thought I would be the bride who rocked the single strand of pearls at my wedding. I am after all marrying a Southern boy, and come from a very traditional family myself. You know, something like this:



I don't mind pearls, but I think the standard pearl strand isn't quite me.

Here's some more classic bridal looks with pearls. I like the look of big pearl earrings:

credit: www.clarkwalkerstudio.com

With a classic pearl station (tin cup) necklace:


My dress has a crystal belt. I was worried about wearing pearls with a crystal belt, but the combo doesn't look half bad here:


Some sparkly dangling earrings like these would also go with my crystal belt:


For awhile I thought I wanted a serious, bold, colorful statement necklace. I saw Blair Waldorf rocking some serious statement necklaces on Gossip Girl, I decided that I too should rock a fabulous statement necklace for my wedding. Blair is wearing the Swarovski Noble Necklace which sells for $340. This is gorgeous necklace and I really, really love it. I'm just not sure it's right for my wedding.

No comments:

Post a Comment